Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Red Wood Forests, San Francisco



Last Sunday I happened to go to my brother who lives in Belmont near San Francisco. We all went trekking to Red Woods. First we drove to Skyline Boulevard which is just fifteen minutes drive from home. From there we started trekking down the mountain.

The trail was so smooth by the fallen leaves of the trees it felt as if we were walking on the carpet. As we keep trekking down it was so quiet, it felt very peaceful. We forget about everything, just enjoying the quietness. The citric fragrance of the leaves is so aromatic it gives a soothing feeling. It is very relaxing to walk through these woods. Once in a while the dry leaves shower on us as if the tall trees growing towards the sky are showering good wishes and blessings from heaven.



Look at this tree burnt down to its stump. If you look closely right next to the stump it looks like a person is guarding the woods.



Enjoying the nature while having some simple lunch.

2 comments:

Peter @ Enviroman 4:22 PM  

Hi Prabha, Your commenting system at Cook Book seemed to be broken as I could not leave a comment there. BTW I too am a grandpa

Reason I am here. Your comment at SEO with permalinks

Peter @ Enviroman 2:46 PM  

Hi Prabha, result of your suggestion: Advice: never delete blog or post (and what to do if you did). BTW did I earn the privilege of being mentioned in one of your blog plus hopefully an active backlink to my blog/blogs????

Recent Posts

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Bangalore, India
I enjoy cooking, photography, travel and most of all people.

About This Blog

I have always enjoyed visiting and exploring new places. Photography has been my hobby for a long time. So what better way to combine my love of travel with my favourite hobby. Hence came this TRAVEL blog.

Enjoy!!!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP